Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Being Thankful

I read a book called One Thousand Gifts. In the book Ann Voskamp writes of spending a long time recording 1,000 things she's thankful for. I loved how simple her list would become by describing one simple blade of grass or one giggle from her son.

I'm waiting on one thing in my life, but I'm also thankful. I'm thankful for my husband, my family, my husband's family, our financial blessings, our small groups friends, our jobs, our dog Barkley :). The list can go on and on. I know that. I know that my husband and I are both generally healthy. I know that all of our family members have a relationship with Jesus. I know our parents love us, support us and have spared us of family drama. We rallied around my mom when she was diagnosed with cancer and she beat it!

I am thankful. I am thankful God has used me in discipling two high school girls that I have watched grow into disciples themselves. I am thankful Joel is involved in ministry to share the Gospel. I am thankful that God uses me at my workplace and everywhere I go.

I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment