Sunday, April 23, 2017

Hoda Momma: What I Would Have Said Had I Known You Were Adopting

"You asked about my husband and me, our family and what we were doing in town from Iowa.

I told you a condensed version of our family's story -- how we survived years of heartache with infertility, grieved the loss of having biological children, felt a nudge to pursue adoption, adopted a beautiful daughter, adopted another beautiful daughter, then got pregnant and gave birth to a daughter... all within three years. 

Your smile radiated after hearing how we found happiness in the way our family was built.

But what I didn't know -- and couldn't have known then -- was that you were on a similar journey. That you, too, had experienced the inkling to pursue adoption and the unflinching desire to be a momma..."





No comments:

Post a Comment